Here are one millenial’s suggestions for a great graduation gift
By Katrina Caruso
With graduation season upon us, you may be scratching your head wondering what would be the right gift for the graduate in your life. Graduation is a momentous celebration, and you naturally want your gift to be something special. Whether it’s high school or university graduation, here are some ideas that won’t break the bank but will be sure to please.
For those who crave inspiration, self-exploration, and setting goals:
– Dr. Seuss’s Oh, the Places You’ll Go! is probably the quintessential inspirational graduation gift—and for good reason! If he or she doesn’t have a copy yet, here’s your chance to correct that.
– You can give the gift of goal-setting with the help of the Create Your Life Plan notebook,which is full of thought-provoking questions, exercises, and inspiring quotations.
– Your grad will spend the next few years discovering himself or herself in the Q and A a Day journal. The pages are dated and each features a question such as “How happy are you?” and “Where would you like to travel?” After a year, you’re back where you started—perhaps with a very different answer to record.
For the graduate with a travel bug:
– The “Adventure” passport cover might be just the thing.
– The book Atlas Obscura: An Explorer’s Guide to the World’s Hidden Wonders may inspire travel far off the beaten travel with its celebrations of more than 700 of the most unusual spots on the globe.
– A cork globe lets you keep track, with coloured push-pins, of all the places you want to go—or have been.
–An engraved compass can help your grad get there and back again.
For the grad’s professional future:
– This fountain pen will be a frequent reminder of how much your grad has accomplished.
– This candle will commemorate today as the “Best Day Ever” (for now).
– These Personalized Collar Stays carry messages from you to show your love and support.
For the quirky kid in your life:
-A Fujifilm Instax Camera will record all the memories that lie ahead.
-The hilarious card game Exploding Kittens will make him or her the life of the party.